Thursday, June 29, 2006

Explanation

As some of you probably know, I'm a teacher at a small school in Springfield, VA. We've only got about 50 students there total, so it's a small and close-knit community.

I found out Wednesday afternoon that one of our students had passed away the day before. He had a heart attack in his sleep and just...never woke up. As you can imagine, this has been a tremendous blow to our little community. We're all in a state of shock.

Michael had found out about my comic about two weeks before school ended. He'd read through the Crooked Halo archive in one night, he liked it so much. He kept asking me when the next comic would be out.

His memorial service will be this Sunday, and I'll be there. I'll be there to say goodbye to a student, a reader, a fellow anime fanatic, and a friend.

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

I can't help but feel it is completely injust that something like that can happen to someone so young. My prayers will be with the people who knew him.