Friday, June 16, 2006

Another Candle on the Cake

Sunday marks the third anniversary of Dim Bulb Comics on Keenspace/Comic Genesis! That's right, we've last two and a half years longer than most webcomics.

Admittedly, year three was kinda rough for us. Troubled Times lived up to its name, dying the disgraceful death of negligence that it probably deserved. Vapor Lock hit a spot where Adam sorta ran out of steam. And Crooked Halo's updates haven't necessarily been the most reliable things ever.

There've been some good things, though. I've passed the 450 mark on actual Crooked Halo comics. We got linked (thanks to Adam's fantastic fanart) by Schlock Mercenary, and that brought us some new readers (which I promptly lost due to Megatokyo-esque updates). Adam's got a couple of new ideas cooking, and we should see something on those here soon. We've also made fun of a lot of stuff, and that's always a positive thing.

Anyway, if anyone wants to send some fanart or anything, we'd be more than happy to see it. You can send stuff to crookedhalo42 at yahoo dot com.

Here's to another year of whatever the hell it is we really do around here!

5 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

I thought about drawing something for our big 3, but...I didn't.

Yay me.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Your continued commitment to the site you created astounds me, good sir.

Noise Monkey said...

I figure I'll all but disappear by this time next year at the rate I'm going now...

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary
You've kept at least one Schlocker around great comic, although I do miss Vapor Lock.

Keep up the great work

Chuck Cottrell said...

Thanks for hanging around. It's good to know at least some folks liked what they saw.

And I, too, lament the death of Vapor Lock, especially since it means that when I forget to update we really look like slackers.