Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Pitfalls of Reality-Based Comicking

So there's always the danger when you do a comic based on reality and real-life situations (as I sometimes do) that the person involved in the situation you're doing a comic about might (a) read the comic and (b) recognize that it's about them. Sometimes this is a problem, and sometimes it's just kinda funny.

Thankfully, the Clyde vs. Frenchman comics fell more on the latter side (I think) with the person involved, though I think I might've embarrassed her just a bit (and myself as well...sometimes I think I've disguised things enough, but often I've got all the subtlty of a sledgehammer).

Anyway, yeah, that's my funny story of the day. Go read the archives or something.

5 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

It bothers me when I have no idea what it is you're talking about. I guess I took that for granted back when you were here...*sob*

Chuck Cottrell said...

Well, the other part is that I'm being purposefully vague to avoid causing the girl more embarrassment.

But it's clearly your own fault for not following me to Virginia. Yeah.

Noise Monkey said...

Well, you should check last month's search strings to see some other potential embarrassments...

Anonymous said...

No hard feelings

- The Frenchman

Anonymous said...

I wasn't embarassed, just wonderfully amused to be immortalized in a comic strip. I think I want to frame it for my office.
-Girl Who Ditched Clyde for the White Flag Waving Frog