Monday, December 05, 2005

"Give me Liberty or Give me a Second Choice!"

So Monday's comic is based on an actual historical event. In 1765, the Virginia House of Burgesses did indeed send a resolution (a formal statement of position) to the British Parliament declaring that Virginia, not Great Britain, had the sole right to tax the British colony of Virginia. Patrick Henry actually uttered the words from the second panel--"If this be treason, then make the most of it!"--and I decided it was too damn funny not to turn into a comic. I'm going to print up a copy and take it to my students tomorrow, 'cause this is the stuff we're studying in my US/VA History class. I think they'll appreciate it.

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

That works, since you put the address in your comic, allowing them to become part of our plot to gain a readership!