Sunday, October 01, 2006

Milestones

So Wednesday will mark the 500th Crooked Halo on Keenspace/Comic Genesis. Hard to believe I've made that many of them. Seems like just yesterday that Adam and I signed up for the site and he got everything up and running. My art's improved quite a bit in the last five hundred or so strips. For instance, everyone's necks have gotten thicker (so they're not pencil-necked geeks anymore, just geeks). Earl got something resembling a real haircut. I still don't do many backgrounds, but that's just my way. I've told some fun stories, had some great gags (in my opinion), and basically had a blast doing the comic. There've been times it's felt more like an obligation than a hobby, but for the most part I've always looked forward to drawing each new comic.

Anyway, here's to 500 more! Hope you'll stick around for those.

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Woohoo! 500! ...seems like there should be some sort of party or something...

Chuck Cottrell said...

A cake. There should definitely be a cake. And a clown. No, TWO clowns.

Tim said...

Congratulations on 500! =D

Damn. Of course I would have to post after the clown comment. At least I'll be in the same boat as the sucker who posts after me. ;)