Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Master's Thesis Blues

Well, I finished the rough draft of my Master's Thesis a scant ten minutes ago, and I'm damn happy to have that thing taken care of. It's still real choppy and rough, but it's only the first draft, and my brain's pretty well fried. It's currently 28 pages long, though I already know I'm going to be adding to it (if for no other reason than to tie everything together better and get to the required 30 pages). Headin' home in a couple of hours, so I'll be out of touch pretty much until the weekend. Don't worry, though--I've already done tomorrow's comic, and I'm getting ready to do Friday's as well.

Super Happy Chibi Smitin'...Shirt?

So I noted in the commentary on Friday's strip that I wanted the last panel as a t-shirt someday. Well, Monkey went and made one. It can be found here. Feel free to pick one up and feel the Dim Bulb love. As soon as I have some extra cash, I'm buying one myself...unless someone wants to get me one for my birthday (I take a XXL and can provide my mailing address upon request :) ).

Death By Thesis

So I'm in the process of writing ye ol' Master's Thesis. It's been kicking my butt. Hard. A lot of the sources I had turned out to be fairly useless, so I've been scrambling for others, trying to rework the paper so that it fits what I actually have...it's just been rough. But I've still got a few days to write, and I'm actually writing now, so it's going better than it was Sunday and Monday.

But enough about that! I'm here to tell you about the nifty comic I discovered today. It's called Deity Permit, and I heartily recommend it. The art is absolutely breathtaking. It's a groovy little manga with interesting characters, an intriguing developing storyline, and it's not so far along yet that it'll take you ages to get through her archive (she updates like twice a week, and started after we did, so you can catch up real quick, and be sitting there ready for your next fix.

Anyway, I need to go draw Friday's OU Daily comic, and possibly Friday's Crooked Halo as well. I'm hoping to wrap up the current story in the next couple of updates. Sorta depends on whether or not I come up with more ideas.

Oh, let us know what you think of the new site design in the forum.

No comments: