Monday, July 07, 2003

The Yeti are Recording

You might've seen the reference to the band Cross-Eyed Yeti in Vapor Lock on the 26th of June. Who are Cross-Eyed Yeti, you ask? Go on, ask, or I'll feel silly for the rest of this newspost. Thanks. Anyway, since you're so curious, I will tell you about Cross-Eyed Yeti, that you may know and fear. They are, in fact, a real band. Currently, the band consists of my brother Clif on guitar, Noise Monkey on bass (okay, he owns a bass), and myself doing vocals (I use that term loosely).

Recently, Clif purchased a sound effects pedal for his guitar. The thing is like a tiny god. You can hook it up to a computer, and then you can record things through it onto the computer...things like guitar and vocal tracks. Then you can do all sorts of fun stuff to the separate audio tracks, like adding effects and adjusting individual tracks' volume, or doing fade outs, or whatever. Supposedly you can add some pre-programmed drums along with it all, but we've yet to figure that part out.

The long and the short of it is, Clif and I have started recording our songs with this stuff and a borrowed microphone from our church. We're currently in the studio (read: the back bedroom of my apartment) laying down the guitar and vocals for a dozen of our favorite original tunes. We hope to have final versions ready by the end of the month, when he leaves. Then we'll convert it all to MP3s and .wav files (to put on CDs) and then I'll assault your auditory senses with our music. We take a rather ballistic approach to music--Clif likes to play loud and fast, and I have to try and be heard above him. Lots o' fun.

So I leave you with this thought: fear the Yeti.

No comments: