Thursday, July 17, 2003

GLOCH (Gorgeous Ladies of Crooked Halo)

Foxy Lady

Today's comic is the first of a pair about the lovely ladies of Crooked Halo, Andrea (not to be confused with Andria, the real-life fiance of the Monkey) and Tammy, the Succubus. How the two ended up becoming roommates is something of an unusual story, and I may someday see about adding the series I did about it from back when I just emailed out the comics to the archives at some point. I dunno.

Anyway, the girls will be regular characters, but probably won't be featured as often or as prominently as the guys. There are two reasons for this: first, I have a tough time writing for the women without it coming out sounding cliched or sexist or just plain dumb...which is funny, when you consider that most of my friends are female. Weird. The second reason is that I can't draw them, either. I have a tough time drawing women, and I don't know why. I think part of it is the idea that I'm drawing the female form. I feel almost...naughty. Sorta like, "heh, I'm drawing boobies," or something like that. I dunno. It's just something I've been trying to work at. Trust me, I'm much better than I was even a month or two ago, and miles beyond how I drew women a year ago. If I'm feeling really evil, I may post some of the older character designs for female characters sometime. We'll see.

Pissed Off

Coincidentally, Clif fixed the toilet in my apartment the other day, just as Adam's favorite urinal at Ozarks was repaired. Now you don't have to try some fancy trick to get the toilet to flush right (before, if you didn't flush it just right, the toilet kept running until you took the top off the tank and fiddled with stuff. I, for one, don't enjoy sticking my hand in the toilet). Anyway, everyone can now pee freely...just please, not in the pool. Or the floor. That's just gross.


Mac'n

Adam has issues when it comes to his layouts, let's just say that. I mean, he goes to great lengths to distance himself from Mac Hall, then starts doing all sorts of things to create new and exciting similarities. I fully expect him to start drawing a kitten on Cal's head anytime. I also suspect this is secretly a way to make me feel like a slacker. I mean, he's doing large color comics now, and I'm sticking to the ol' three-panel black and white. He's also doing three (edit: not four, as previously stated. I think it's a well-known fact that I cannot count. ~Cricket) strips a week, compared to my three. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya, a conspiracy involving...um...Adam. Yeah.

No comments: