Saturday, March 31, 2007

But why would I want to use toilet paper someone else has already used?

Still no comics, for which I apologize. I'm gonna try to go out and buy the tablet next week, wife willing.

Car repairs were effected for less than I originally figured, but it was still $1600. Ouch.

Also, the wife wants us to switch to recycled toilet paper. Personally, I feel that if it's already been used, it's taken all the crap it's gonna take. Really.

But I'm not against recycling or working to help the environment. We don't leave lights on when we're not in a room, we wash our clothes in cold water (and I only do a load of laundry when it's a full load), we recycle our papers and bottles (both plastic and glass), and Michelle got a Terra Pass for her car (you donate a specific amount of money based on your CO2 emissions and they balance out the bad electricity we use here by using cleaner, environmentally-friendly fuels in developing nations. I need to do the same, 'cause it's a groovy idea). So yeah, I like trying to do my part, I just don't feel that my part requires sacrificing decent toilet paper.

Yes, today's newspost was the one where you learned things about me you didn't really care to learn. Suck it up and deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've found the recycled stuff to be fine, as long as you get a decent brand. They work to make sure it's up to par. And honestly, any paper you use was once a tree - if you get squeamish about pre-used paper, you should have some reaction to using a former 2 by 4.

Noise Monkey said...

most 2x4s haven't been rubbed all up in someone's feces encrusted crack.