Thursday, December 20, 2007

"There's no place like home for the holidays"

So Michelle and I are going to Oklahoma for Christmas.

We're driving, 'cause plane tickets were remarkably absurd. $700 for one ticket? That's beyond ridiculous (beyond Thunderdome, even!). So we're making it a roadtrip. A stopover in St. Louis to see some relatives of hers, a quick jaunt over to Norman to see some friends of mine, and even a stop in Clarksville to see the Monkey and his folks (that's gonna be Wednesday, by the by, Monkey).

Sadly, the trip is going to be pretty quick. We've got to come back and rest up for the return to school the following week (cursed short breaks!). I think this is a good sign that I'm really meant to be a college professor: a whole month off would be a glorious thing.

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

I tried to call you...last night (a week and a half later is totally within a reasonable period...), but apparently the number I have for you isn't actually a phone number. It used to be, but now the message tells me I used an invalid code...I'm not sure what that means...