Saturday, April 28, 2007

Is that Supertramp I hear?

I feel like I'm really getting a handle on the tablet thing. It takes me about the same length of time to get a drawing done this way as with pen and paper, except I can go back and redraw something if it turns out wrong without having to scrap the whole comic.

The one disadvantage so far is I can't figure out how to make a box for the panels. So far I've just hand-drawn (well, with the tablet) the panels, but you can see that hasn't been very effective or nice-looking. What I may try to do is use a straight-edge with the tablet stylus and see if that works.

The other difficulty is judging size issues. I know the past couple of comics have been either too big or too small. I'm still getting a feel for how that works, too. The problem, really, is that my laptop is a widescreen, so it fits on my computer screen perfectly. On computers with a regular screen and lower resolution? Not so much. Guess I'll have to figure out how to compensate for that.

I'm enjoying the tablet so far, though. My hope is to improve enough that I can start adding things like color to it, too.

No comments: