Sunday, February 15, 2004

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus

Absence

You may have noticed a distinct absence of comics last week. That wasn't our fault, actually--Keenspace went down on Tuesday, and didn't come back up completely until late Friday or Saturday. As such, you missed a Vapor Lock and a couple of Crooked Halos. Go back and read 'em, or Monday and Wednesday's comics this week just won't make any sense.

Milestone!

So this Wednesday marks Crooked Halo #100. I'm amazed I've already drawn that many of them. Back in late June, when we started up the website, I had no idea it would be this much fun or this much work. I knew I enjoyed drawing the comics, and that I wanted as many people to see them as possible, and knew that just emailing them to my friends wasn't enough. I wanted random people to see them as well. And random people have seen them. In fact, the same day the Mailbag comic ran, and my rant on the same subject first appeared down in this space, I actually got my first fan email. I was flattered, to say the least, and shall treasure the email. I look forward to receiving more, which means I need to keep cranking out the comics.

Side Projects

Speaking of cranking out comics, I'm embarking on a small enterprise to try and increase the site's visitation and get us some more readers. I posted over in the Keenspace Forum that I'm looking to do guest comics in exchange for links. So far, probably about a dozen people have responded. I've got ideas for a couple of them, but we'll just have to see what happens. I should probably get to working on this.

Archival Research

Well, Monkey's been doing some work on the archives, and we just about have it set up to where you can navigate each individual comic by itself without having to do all the tedious skipping over of one of the other two strips here. All that's really left to do is for him to email me the template, and then I have to set up the Crooked Halo archives. So look for it in the next week or two. I know one of the biggest complaints I've heard from people critiquing the site has been that you can't navigate individual comics. Well, folks, your cries have been heard! We're on the job!

No comments: