Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Sketchers

Sketchy at best

You may have noticed that the Crooked Halo style has been a bit different the past few comics. Well, that's because I'm experimenting with it. I like the sketchier style, and think it's fun to draw and looks quite nifty, so I may keep it for a while and see if I want to use it permanently. Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Gifty!

If you want free Dim Bulb stuff, including extra comics, desktop backgrounds, and who knows what else, go check out this forum thread. It'll give you all the necessary details to join the madness. Note that you'll have to be registered to use the forum for this to work. It's all part of our evil plan to get more people to participate in stuff around here.

Empty

There were several things I wanted to talk about here, and I can't remember any of them. Everything in my head's been supplanted with news that an aquaintance of mine from Ozarks, Linda Carcamo, died on Friday. According to the email I saw from Ozarks, she drowned in the ocean with her fiance. It just annoys me that good, caring people like Linda die in such horrible, pointless ways, and mean, evil people get to continue living. Where's the justice? It reminds me of Terry Pratchett's Soul Music, when Death's granddaughter, Susan, takes over his position for a while. She complains bitterly of the sloppiness of the whole system. "There's no justice!" she cries. "NO," Death replies. "THERE'S JUST ME."

I always hated that.

So I guess this is just my way of saying God rest you, Linda.

No comments: